Sunday, August 9, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

My kids love these cookies! The bananas really add a lot of flavor...and almost any cookie is going to be good if it has chocolate chips!

2 1/4 c. flour
1 c. sugar (less 2 1/2 Tbl. for cinnamon sugar mixture)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
2/3 c. shortening
1 c. mashed ripe bananas (I usually use 2 bananas)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Combine dry ingredients, except cinnamon. Cut in shortening. Add bananas, eggs, and vanilla; blend well. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Mix together the 2 1/2 Tbl. sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over cookies. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

2 comments:

  1. We love, love, love these! They don't last long around here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to find your recipe on Tiffany's link-up! I had a co-worker years ago who used to bring these in all the time, but I never snagged her recipe! I'm making some tonight!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete