Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crockpot Lasagna

I love this recipe!!!

1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed & minced
1 large jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb. ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
1/4 c. milk
1 egg
1 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese

Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in a little olive oil; drain. Add spaghetti sauce into the ground beef mixture and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, milk, and egg. Add in the mozzarella and parmesan; mix together. Grease the crock pot. Put 1/4 of the meat sauce mixture on the bottom. Put a layer of noodles on top of the meat sauce mixture. Put 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Repeat layers ending with meat sauce on top. Cook on low for 4 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Renee,
    Glad I found you! I lost the paper I wrote your blog on. This looks way yummy. Fantastic blog.
    Kenzie
    P.s. Belle wants to give Heather a call to play soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds tasty, but I do have one question. We raise our own cattle which happen to be black angus. I notice the recipe calls for brown ground beef, but would our black angus beef work as well? Thanks a bunch and I love the flip flops!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm gonna have to give this a try! anything using a crock pot seems good to me :)

    ReplyDelete