Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Mousse

I saw this recipe on Studio 5 and we tried it out...something different and very yummy!

3 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
2 c. heavy cream (cold)
1 Tbl. vanilla extract
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (optional for decoration)

Beat the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form; refrigerate. Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, milk, and peanut butter. Fold in the cold whipped cream until a creamy smooth textured mousse forms. Refrigerate until very cold.

Peanut butter mousse can be served by itself or as a cupcake filling/frosting. We made heart shaped German Chocolate cupcakes, cut them in half, put the mousse in the middle, and spread it on top.

4 comments:

  1. looks great! you have some fun recipes on here...i might have to steal some! :)
    i'd love to get added to your family blog! my email is rockin.ratch@gmail.com
    and i'll add you to my blog as well...just send me your email! :)
    -cousin rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Renee, I didn't know you were so tallented. I'll have to come over and you can give me a lesson. I'm going to add your link on my blog if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I haven't posted anything on our family blog for months...I'll post something and invite you!

    Hey Shelley, I need your blog, too...and I'd love for you to link my blog on yours, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, I'm having some neighbors over for a girls night on Friday at 7:30 you are welcome to come. Just bring a snack to share :) My blog is www.thecaziers.blogspot.com I'd love to be added to your family blog also shelleycazier@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete